This position is for a Mechanical Engineering Manager at Novae’s Iowa H&H facilities. This position will report to the Director of Engineering at our headquarters in Markle, Indiana. The position will have responsibilities to drive training and the consistent use of Engineering tools throughout Iowa operations. Must be familiar with Change Process, Design Process, Lean Mfg., 6-sigma, statistical tools, and FEA/Engineering hand calculations. This will be a hands on management position meaning the individual will need to lead a group of individuals as well as complete projects/work themselves – i.e. leading by example.
• Drive consistency in the use of corporate Engineering tools and processes such as hand calculations/FEA, change process, structured design process, and Lean/6-sigma tools.
• Improve plant performance in the areas of efficiency and labor through product and process changes
• Drive change in the organization through data gathering to prioritize actions/activities, and using the data to validate positive impact
• Be instrumental in the creation, training, and implementation of a Quality System to drive a consistent stable process as well to drive process improvement.
• Drive Engineering team consistency in approach and methodologies across all plants in the organization
• Take initiative to develop processes with respect to Engineering and Manufacturing arenas to drive consistency in approach, methods, and results
Education: BSME or BSMET
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a design/manufacturing environment, 3 years in a Management position, and proven experience in SOLIDWORKS
Knowledge: Demonstrated use of Mechanical Engineering verification tools/techniques, ISO/QS Quality systems, and Project Management
• Hands-on trouble shooting skills
• Statistical analysis of data to drive decisions
• Engineering theory hand calculations as well as use of FEA for verification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extended teamwork beyond an average level, ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively to achieve mutual goals both upward and downward in the organization
• Vast knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent presentation skills to effectively present important messages at all levels of the organization
• Advanced level of influence and negotiation skills
• Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
• Ability to serve as the product line subject matter expert to managers.
• Ability to prioritize workload and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to implement solutions within a designated area of responsibility.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Ability to foster teambuilding throughout the organization.
• Treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
• Active learner, able to continuously expand knowledge for the good of the company.
• Listening skills and tries to see all sides of an individual’s opinion.
• Has a big picture mindset, must be able to see the end goal and create and plan steps to succeed.
• Confidence/ Able and willing to challenge individuals as well as confidence while presenting materials.
• Self-motivated/ A self-paced job requires an individual who can tackle large projects independently with very little follow up from others.
• Flexible—as Novae continues to grow and develop the training opportunities will continually change. The person holding this position must be open for change and willing to continually revise created material to best fit the needs of team members
• Follow through/Follow-up—when you say you are going to do something, follow-through and then follow-up at a later date